- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Solid State Relay vs. Electromechanical Relay
A relay is nothing but an electrically operated switch. To switch power on and off, a relay requires a low power electrical signal. Therefore, a relay is an automatically operated switch that uses low power electrical signal to control a high power electrical signal.
Electromechanical Relay (EMR)
As the name implies, an electromechanical relay is one that uses physically moving contact to control the flow of power in the output circuit. The movement of moving contact is generated using electromagnetic forces created by a low power input signal to the relay, which allowing the completion of the circuit that contains high power electrical signal.
Solid State Relay (SSR)
The solid state relays consist of semiconductor mechanism instead of an electromagnetic system. A low power electrical signal is used to generate optical signal within an optocoupler, which transmits and energizes the output circuit. When the relay is activated, the optocoupler acts as the switch that allows the high power signal to pass through the output circuit of the SSR. Therefore, a solid state relay does not contain any physically moving contacts for their operation.
Difference between Electromechanical Relay and Solid State Relay
|Parameter||Electromechanical Relay||Solid State Relay|
|Shock & Vibrations|
|Compatibility with Control Systems|
- Solid-State Relay Circuit Components
- Types of Solid State Relay (SSRs)
- X.25 and Frame Relay
- Configure exim4 smtp relay server
- What is Internet Relay Chat (IRC)?
- Solid State Motor Starters
- Difference between Fusion Welding and Solid State Welding
- Principle of Electromechanical Energy Conversion
- Electromechanical Relays – Types and Working Principle
- Solid Trees in Data Structure
- State Variables via state() in Perl
- Differentiate between 5 state and 7 state process models.
- How to save an Android Activity state using save instance state?
- Understanding state in React.js
- PowerShell Desired State Configuration