- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- MS Excel
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Selective breeding is the process of
(a) selecting the offspring with desired properties
(b) selecting the parents with desired properties
(c) selecting an area for breeding
(d) selecting fine hair for good quality wool
Correct Answer: (b) selecting the parents with desired properties
Explanation: Selective breeding is the process of the crossing of two selected varieties having different traits to produce a hybrid having good traits of both.
Example: Some breeds of sheep possess only soft under-hair. Their parents are specially selected to give birth to sheep which have only soft under-hair.
- Related Articles
- Selecting Sibling Elements with CSS
- Selecting Child Elements with CSS
- What are the criteria for selecting the data sources?
- Tips for Selecting the Right Makeup for Your Skin Type
- Selecting the Right Cloud Provider
- Selecting with complex criteria from a Pandas DataFrame
- Soluble vs. Insoluble Fiber: Selecting the Ideal One for IBS
- Selecting database inside the JS in MongoDB?
- Selecting all the users with maximum age values using a MySQL subquery?
- Selecting Random Result from MySQL?
- Selecting a single row in MySQL?
- Creating and Selecting a MySQL Database
- Best Practices for Selecting Relevant and High-Traffic Keywords for A Website
- What is the probability of selecting a prime number from 1,2,3,4,5,6,7 ?
- Selecting rows using the ENUM field in MySQL