- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Rutherford’s α–particle scattering experiment showed that
(a) (i) and (iii)
- electrons have a negative charge
- the mass and positive charge of the atom is concentrated in the nucleus
- neutron exists in the nucleus
- most of the space in the atom is empty Which of the above statements are correct?
(b) (ii) and (iv)
(c) (i) and (iv)
(d) (iii) and (iv)
Correct Answer: (b) (ii) and (iv)
Explanation: An atom consists of a positively charged, dense and very small nucleus which have all the protons and neutrons. The space is empty because alpha particles pass straight through the gold foil without any deflection.
- Java Program to convert positive int to negative and negative to positive
- What are the positive and negative impacts of a working mother?
- From a common man's perspective, what are the positive and negative aspects of the Budget 2018?
- Counting number of positive and negative votes in MySQL?
- Positive Testing and Negative Testing with Examples
- 1’s and 2’s complement of a Binary Number?
- Signals and Systems – Rayleigh’s Energy Theorem
- Signals and Systems – Parseval’s Power Theorem
- Display the Numerical positive and negative element-wise in Numpy
- Construct DFA of alternate 0’s and 1’s
- Sort an arrays of 0’s, 1’s and 2’s using C++
- Sort an arrays of 0’s, 1’s and 2’s using Java