- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Regular Expression Modifiers in Python
Regular expression literals may include an optional modifier to control various aspects of matching. The modifiers are specified as an optional flag. You can provide multiple modifiers using exclusive OR (|), as shown previously and may be represented by one of these −
|Sr.No.||Modifier & Description|
Performs case-insensitive matching.
Interprets words according to the current locale. This interpretation affects the alphabetic group (\w and \W), as well as word boundary behavior(\b and \B).
Makes $ match the end of a line (not just the end of the string) and makes ^ match the start of any line (not just the start of the string).
Makes a period (dot) match any character, including a newline.
Interprets letters according to the Unicode character set. This flag affects the behavior of \w, \W, \b, \B.
Permits "cuter" regular expression syntax. It ignores whitespace (except inside a set  or when escaped by a backslash) and treats unescaped # as a comment marker.
- How regular expression modifiers work in Python?
- Regular Expression Examples in Python
- Regular Expression Patterns in Python
- Regular Expression Matching in Python
- Regular Expression in Python with Examples?
- What is a regular expression in Python?
- How regular expression grouping works in Python?
- How regular expression alternatives work in Python?
- How regular expression anchors work in Python?
- Explain Python regular expression search vs match
- How does [\d+] regular expression work in Python?
- How does \B regular expression work in Python?
- What are regular expression repetition cases in Python?
- How regular expression back references works in Python?