- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Reading/Writing a MS Word file in PHP
Microsoft strongly advises not to use the automation of Office documents via COM objects. It quotes the following −
“Microsoft does not currently recommend or support the Automation of Microsoft Office applications from any unattended, non-interactive client application or component (including ASP, ASP.NET, DCOM, and NT Services), because Office may exhibit unstable behavior and/or deadlock when Office is run in this environment.”
A .docx file can be created without COM objects since it has XML foundations (PHPDOCX could be used for this).
An added advantage of this method is that a local copy of Word that was installed wouldn’t have to be created (for the .docx files).
It can be used on a Linux server as well.
- Reading and Writing CSV File using Python
- Reading and writing binary file in C/C++
- Reading and Writing Files in Perl
- Reading and Writing Files in Python
- How to open an Excel file with PHPExcel for both reading and writing?
- Reading a Text file in java
- Reading and Writing to text files in C#
- Reading and Writing to text files in Python
- Writing a binary file in C++
- How to encrypt the MS word files?
- Reading and Writing to text files in Python Program
- What are reading and writing characters in C language?
- Different ways of Reading a file in C#
- Writing a Pandas DataFrame to CSV file
- Writing a CSV file in Java using OpenCSV