- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Python Tkinter – How to export data from Entry Fields to a CSV file?
The Entry widget is used to accept single-line text strings from users.
Text widget − Displays multiple lines of text that can be edited.
Label widget − Displays one or more lines of text that cannot be modified by the user.
Importing tkinter, csv and creating the main window. Name the output window "Data Entry"(any name for output window) and Create three functions based on the output you need. Here the function of add, save and clear is built in to make the buttons work functionally.
After providing the input in the window, click the add button. The add function will display a message box "Data successfully added". Similarly, on clicking the Save button, the save function will display a messagebox "Saved successfully". Clearing the input with the clear function, it will clear the entire output screen.
# Import the required libraries from csv import * from tkinter import * from tkinter import messagebox window=Tk() window.title("Data Entry") window.geometry("700x350") main_lst= def Add(): lst=[name.get(),age.get(),contact.get()] main_lst.append(lst) messagebox.showinfo("Information","The data has been added successfully") def Save(): with open("data_entry.csv","w") as file: Writer=writer(file) Writer.writerow(["Name","Age","Contact"]) Writer.writerows(main_lst) messagebox.showinfo("Information","Saved succesfully") def Clear(): name.delete(0,END) age.delete(0,END) contact.delete(0,END) # 3 labels, 4 buttons,3 entry fields label1=Label(window,text="Name: ",padx=20,pady=10) label2=Label(window,text="Age: ",padx=20,pady=10) label3=Label(window,text="Contact: ",padx=20,pady=10) name=Entry(window,width=30,borderwidth=3) age=Entry(window,width=30,borderwidth=3) contact=Entry(window,width=30,borderwidth=3) save=Button(window,text="Save",padx=20,pady=10,command=Save) add=Button(window,text="Add",padx=20,pady=10,command=Add) clear=Button(window,text="Clear",padx=18,pady=10,command=Clear) Exit=Button(window,text="Exit",padx=20,pady=10,command=window.quit) label1.grid(row=0,column=0) label2.grid(row=1,column=0) label3.grid(row=2,column=0) name.grid(row=0,column=1) age.grid(row=1,column=1) contact.grid(row=2,column=1) save.grid(row=4,column=0,columnspan=2) add.grid(row=3,column=0,columnspan=2) clear.grid(row=5,column=0,columnspan=2) Exit.grid(row=6,column=0,columnspan=2) window.mainloop() print(lst) print(main_lst)
If we run the above code, it will display the following output window −
Insert data in the Entry fields and click "Add" and "Save" to save the data in the "data_entry.csv" file.
If you open the CSV file, it would look like this −
Name, Age, Contact Arjun, 25, 8790654321 John, 20, 9876543210
- How can we export all the data from MySQL table into a CSV file?
- Writing data from database to .csv file
- How to Export and import CSV file manually in PowerShell?
- Write data from/to a .csv file in java
- How to read data from .csv file in Java?
- How MySQL evaluates if we export the data to CSV file from a table which contains a NULL value(s)?
- How to read the data from a CSV file in Java?
- How to import csv file data from Github in R?
- How can we export some field(s) from MySQL table into a CSV file?
- How can we export data to a CSV file along with columns heading as its first line?
- How can we store any other value than N in CSV file if we export the data to CSV file from a table which contains a NULL value(s)?
- How can we export data to a CSV file whose filename name contains timestamp at which the file is created?
- Plot data from CSV file with Matplotlib
- How to save a Python Dictionary to CSV file?