- Python Basic Tutorial
- Python - Home
- Python - Overview
- Python - Environment Setup
- Python - Basic Syntax
- Python - Comments
- Python - Variables
- Python - Data Types
- Python - Operators
- Python - Decision Making
- Python - Loops
- Python - Numbers
- Python - Strings
- Python - Lists
- Python - Tuples
- Python - Dictionary
- Python - Date & Time
- Python - Functions
- Python - Modules
- Python - Files I/O
- Python - Exceptions
- Python Advanced Tutorial
- Python - Classes/Objects
- Python - Reg Expressions
- Python - CGI Programming
- Python - Database Access
- Python - Networking
- Python - Sending Email
- Python - Multithreading
- Python - XML Processing
- Python - GUI Programming
- Python - Further Extensions
Python â€“ Remove Tuples from a List having every element as None
When it is required to remove tuples from a list having every element as None, a list comprehension and the ‘all’ operator is used.
Below is a demonstration of the same −
my_tuple = [(None, 12), (None, None), (33, 54), (32, 13), (None, )] print("The tuple is :") print(my_tuple) my_result = [index for index in my_tuple if not all(element == None for element in index)] print("The result is :") print(my_result)
The tuple is : [(None, 12), (None, None), (33, 54), (32, 13), (None,)] The result is : [(None, 12), (33, 54), (32, 13)]
A list of tuple is defined and displayed on the console.
A list comprehension is used to iterate over the list, and the elements are checked to be equivalent to ‘None’.
Only if not all the elements are ‘None’, it is added to a list and is assigned to a variable.
All elements are checked since ‘all’ operator and ‘not’ operator are used.
This result is assigned to a variable.
This is the output that is displayed on the console.
- Related Articles
- Remove Tuples from the List having every element as None in Python
- Remove tuples having duplicate first value from given list of tuples in Python
- Python | Remove empty tuples from a list
- Remove duplicate tuples from list of tuples in Python
- Python Program to remove a specific digit from every element of the list
- Remove tuples from list of tuples if greater than n in Python
- Accessing nth element from Python tuples in list
- Find the tuples containing the given element from a list of tuples in Python
- Filter Tuples by Kth element from List in Python
- Rear element extraction from list of tuples records in Python
- How to remove an element from a list in Python?
- Create a list of tuples from given list having number and its cube in each tuple using Python
- Remove tuple from list of tuples if not containing any character in Python
- Python â€“ Get Every Element from a String List except for a specified letter
- How to remove an element from a list by index in Python?