- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Python Program to find whether a no is the power of two
In this article, we will learn about the solution and approach to solve the given problem statement.
Given a number n, we need to check whether the given number is a power of two.
Continue dividing the input number by two, i.e, = n/2 iteratively.
We will check In each iteration, if n%2 becomes non-zero and n is not 1 then n is not a power of 2.
If n becomes 1 then it is a power of 2.
Let’s see the implementation below −
def isPowerOfTwo(n): if (n == 0): return False while (n != 1): if (n % 2 != 0): return False n = n // 2 return True # main if(isPowerOfTwo(40)): print('Yes') else: print('No')
All the variables and functions are declared in the global scope as shown below −
In this article, we learned about the approach to find whether a number is power of two or not.
- Python Program to find whether a no is power of two
- C++ Program to find whether a number is the power of two?
- Program to check a number is power of two or not in Python
- Program to find out the value of a power of 2 in Python
- Find whether a given integer is a power of 3 or not in C++
- Find whether a given number is a power of 4 or not in C++
- Program to find whether a string is alphanumeric.
- Program to Find Out the Maximum Final Power of a List in Python
- Program to find Reordered Power of 2 in Python
- C++ program to find whether there is a path between two cells in matrix
- Bash program to find A to the power B?
- Program to find out the vertical area between two points where no point lies and is the widest in Python
- 8085 program to find nth power of a number
- How to find power of a number in Python?
- Python program to find Intersection of two lists?