- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Python program to create a Circular Linked List of N nodes and count the number of nodes
When it is required to create a circular linked list that has 'N' nodes, and get the count of the number of nodes, a 'Node' class needs to be created. To display the data elements in the circular list, another method can be defined, that would display the data. In this class, there are two attributes, the data that is present in the node, and the access to the next node of the linked list. In a circular linked list, the head and the rear are adjacent to each other.
They are connected to form a circle, and don't have 'NULL' value in the last node.
Another 'linked_list' class needs to be created that would have an initialization function, and the head of the node would be initialized to 'None'.
Below is a demonstration for the same −
class Node: def __init__(self, my_data): self.data = my_data self.next = None def add_data(head_ref,my_data): ptr_1 = Node(0) temp = head_ref ptr_1.data = my_data ptr_1.next = head_ref if (head_ref != None) : while (temp.next != head_ref): temp = temp.next temp.next = ptr_1 else: ptr_1.next = ptr_1 head_ref = ptr_1 return head_ref def count_node(head): temp = head result = 0 if (head != None) : while True : temp = temp.next result = result + 1 if (temp == head): break return result if __name__=='__main__': head = None head = add_data(head, 78) head = add_data(head, 56) head = add_data(head, 22) print("Elements are added to list") print("The number of nodes are : ") print(count_node(head))
Elements are added to list The number of nodes are : 3
- The 'Node' class is created.
- Another 'linked_list' class with required attributes is created.
- Another method named 'add_data' is defined, that is used to add data to the circular linked list.
- Another method named 'print_it' is defined that is used to display the linked list data on the console.
- An object of the 'linked_list' class is created, and the methods are called on it to add data.
- This is displayed on the console using the 'print_it' method.
- Python program to create a doubly linked list of n nodes and count the number of nodes
- Python program to create a Circular Linked List of n nodes and display it in reverse order
- Count nodes in Circular linked list in C++
- Golang Program to count the number of nodes in a linked list.
- Sum of the nodes of a Circular Linked List in C++
- Golang program to count the number of nodes in a doubly linked list.
- Delete N nodes after M nodes of a linked list in C++ program
- Program to delete n nodes after m nodes from a linked list in Python
- Delete N nodes after M nodes of a linked list in C++?
- Python program to create a doubly linked list of n nodes and display it in reverse order
- Program to count number of BST with n nodes in Python
- Python program to rotate doubly linked list by N nodes
- Program to reverse inner nodes of a linked list in python
- Product of the nodes of a Singly Linked List
- Product of the alternate nodes of linked list