- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Python program for most frequent word in Strings List
When it is required to find the most frequent word in a list of strings, the list is iterated over and the ‘max’ method is used to get the count of the highest string.
Below is a demonstration of the same
from collections import defaultdict my_list = ["python is best for coders", "python is fun", "python is easy to learn"] print("The list is :") print(my_list) my_temp = defaultdict(int) for sub in my_list: for word in sub.split(): my_temp[word] += 1 result = max(my_temp, key=my_temp.get) print("The word that has the maximum frequency :") print(result)
The list is : ['python is best for coders', 'python is fun', 'python is easy to learn'] The word that has the maximum frequency : python
The required packages are imported into the environment.
A list of strings is defined and is displayed on the console.
A dictionary of integers is created and assigned to a variable.
The list of strings is iterated over and split based on spaces.
The count of every word is determined.
The maximum of these values is determined using the ‘max’ method.
This is assigned to a variable.
This is displayed as output on the console.
- Find most frequent element in a list in Python
- Python program to find Most Frequent Character in a String
- Program to find frequency of the most frequent element in Python
- C# program to find the most frequent element
- Program to find second most frequent character in C++
- Most Frequent Subtree Sum in C++
- Python Program to crawl a web page and get most frequent words
- Program to find most frequent subtree sum of a binary tree in Python
- Most Frequent Number in Intervals in C++
- Most frequent element in an array in C++
- Find the k most frequent words from data set in Python
- Python program to find the character position of Kth word from a list of strings