- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Python Program for Linear Search
In this article, we will learn about the Linear Search and its implementation in Python 3.x. Or earlier.
Start from the leftmost element of given arr and one by one compare element x with each element of arr If x matches with any of the element, return the index value. If x doesn’t match with any of elements in arr , return -1 or element not found.
Now let’s see the visual representation of the given approach −
def linearsearch(arr, x): for i in range(len(arr)): if arr[i] == x: return i return -1 arr = ['t','u','t','o','r','i','a','l'] x = 'a' print("element found at index "+str(linearsearch(arr,x)))
element found at index 6
The scope of the variables are shown in the figure −
In this article, we learned about the mechanism of linear search in Python3.x. Or earlier.
- Write a program for Linear Search in Python
- C/C++ Program for Linear Search?
- Linear Search in Python Program
- Linear Search
- Java program to implement linear search
- 8085 Program to perform linear search
- Python Program for Binary Search
- Python Program for Anagram Substring Search
- Linear search in Java.
- Program to perform linear search in 8085 Microprocessor
- Difference Between Linear Search and Binary Search
- Linear search on list or tuples in Python
- 8085 program for Binary search
- Linear search using Multi-threading in C