- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Python Program for Coin Change
In this article, we will learn about the solution to the problem statement given below.
Problem statement − We are given N coins and we want to make a change of those coins such that, there is an infinite supply of each value in S. we need to display that in how many ways we can make the change irrespective of order.
We will use the concept of dynamic programming to solve the problem statement to reduce the time complexity.
Now let’s observe the solution in the implementation below −
# dynamic approach def count(S, m, n): # base case table = [[0 for x in range(m)] for x in range(n+1)] # for n=0 for i in range(m): table[i] = 1 # rest values are filled in bottom up manner for i in range(1, n+1): for j in range(m): # solutions including S[j] x = table[i - S[j]][j] if i-S[j] >= 0 else 0 # solutions excluding S[j] y = table[i][j-1] if j >= 1 else 0 # total table[i][j] = x + y return table[n][m-1] # main arr = [1, 3, 2, 4] m = len(arr) n = 5 print(“Number of coins:”,end=””) print(count(arr, m, n))
Number of coins:6
All the variables are declared in the local scope and their references are seen in the figure above.
In this article, we have learned about how we can make a Python Program for Coin Change
- C Program Coin Change
- Coin Change in Python
- Minimum Coin Change Problem
- Coin Change 2 in C++
- Java Program to Toss a Coin
- How to implement coin change problem using topDown approach using C#?
- How to implement coin change problem using bottom-up approach using C#?
- Program to find maximum amount of coin we can collect from a given matrix in Python
- Change command Method for Tkinter Button in Python
- C++ Program to Generate a Random Subset by Coin Flipping
- Program to find number of distinct coin sums we can make with coins and quantities in Python?
- Python Program for QuickSort
- Program to find maximum binary string after change in python
- Python program for Modular Exponentiation
- Python program for Complex Numbers