- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Python - Index Ranks of Elements
When it is required to determine the index rank of elements in a data structure, a method is defined that takes a list as a parameter. It iteeates over the elements in the list, and performs certain comparisons before changing the values of two variables.
Below is a demonstration of the same
def find_rank_elem(my_list): my_result = [0 for x in range(len(my_list))] for elem in range(len(my_list)): (r, s) = (1, 1) for j in range(len(my_list)): if j != elem and my_list[j] < my_list[elem]: r += 1 if j != elem and my_list[j] == my_list[elem]: s += 1 my_result[elem] = r + (s - 1) / 2 return my_result my_list = [1, 3, 5, 3, 1, 26, 99, 45, 67, 12] print("The list is :") print(my_list) print("The resultant list is :") print(find_rank_elem(my_list))
The list is : [1, 3, 5, 3, 1, 26, 99, 45, 67, 12] The resultant list is : [1, 3, 5, 3, 1, 7, 10, 8, 9, 6]
A method named ‘find_rank_elem’ is defined that takes a list as a parameter.
The list is iterated over and stored in a list variable.
It is again iterated over, and checked to see if certain elements of the list match.
If they do, two values ‘r’ and ‘s’ are changed.
This list is returned as output.
Outside the method, a list is defined and is displayed on the console.
The method is called by passing this list as a parameter.
The output is displayed on the console.
- Python - Index Directory of Elements
- Swap Even Index Elements And Odd Index Elements in Python
- Python Pandas - Repeat elements of an Index
- Relative Ranks in C++
- Python – Elements with same index
- Python Program that print elements common at specified index of list elements
- Python - Make new Pandas Index with deleting multiple index elements
- MySQL query to display ranks of multiple columns?
- Equate two list index elements in Python
- Python – Check if elements index are equal for list elements
- Python – Extract elements in between multiple specific range of index
- Python Pandas - Return number of unique elements in the Index object
- Python Pandas - Return the Number of elements in the underlying Index data
- Python Pandas - Return a new Index with elements of index not in other and get the difference
- Python Pandas - Return a new Index with elements of index not in other but unsort the result