- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Python – Extract Percentages from String
When it is required to extract the percentages from a string, the regular expressions and the ‘findall’ method of the package is used.
Below is a demonstration of the same −
import re my_string = 'Python is % always fun % to learn % and teach' print("The list is : " ) print(my_string) my_result = re.findall('\d*%', my_string) print("The resultant list is : ") print(my_result)
The list is : Python is % always fun % to learn % and teach The resultant list is : ['%', '%', '%']
The required packages are imported into the environment.
A string is defined and is displayed on the console.
The ‘findall’ method of the regular expression package is used to define a pattern and pass the string to work on it.
This is assigned to a variable.
This variable is displayed as the output on the screen.
- Python – Extract String elements from Mixed Matrix
- Python – How to Extract all the digits from a String
- Python – Extract range of Consecutive similar elements ranges from string list
- Python – Extract Rear K digits from Numbers
- Python – Extract elements from Ranges in List
- Python – Extract Sorted Strings
- Python – Extract Paired Rows
- Extract decimal numbers from a string in Python
- Extract only characters from given string in Python
- Python – Extract element from a list succeeded by K
- How to extract numbers from a string in Python?
- How to extract date from a string in Python?
- How to extract numbers from a string using Python?
- Python – Extract Particular data type rows
- Python Regex to extract maximum numeric value from a string