- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Python – Element wise Matrix Difference
When it is required to print element wise matrix difference, the list elements are iterated over and the zip method is used on these values.
Below is a demonstration of the same
my_list_1 = [[3, 4, 4], [4, 3, 1], [4, 8, 3]] my_list_2 = [[5, 4, 7], [9, 7, 5], [4, 8, 4]] print("The first list is :") print(my_list_1) print("The second list is :") print(my_list_2) my_result =  for sub_str_1, sub_str_2 in zip(my_list_1, my_list_2): temp_str =  for element_1, element_2 in zip(sub_str_1, sub_str_2): temp_str.append(element_2-element_1) my_result.append(temp_str) print("The result is :") print(my_result)
The first list is : [[3, 4, 4], [4, 3, 1], [4, 8, 3]] The second list is : [[5, 4, 7], [9, 7, 5], [4, 8, 4]] The result is : [[2, 0, 3], [5, 4, 4], [0, 0, 1]]
Two list of lists are defined and are displayed on the console.
An empty list is created.
The two list of lists are zipped, using the zip method and iterated over.
Inside the ‘for’ loop, an empty list is created, and the elements of the list of lists are appended to the list.
Outside this, the list is appended to the other list.
This is displayed as output on the console.
- Sort the matrix row-wise and column-wise using Python
- Concatenate two lists element-wise in Python
- Count Negative Numbers in a Column-Wise and Row-Wise Sorted Matrix using Python?
- Row-wise vs column-wise traversal of matrix in C++
- Return element-wise quotient and remainder simultaneously in Python Numpy
- Find a common element in all rows of a given row-wise sorted matrix in C++
- Python - Sort Matrix by Maximum Row element
- How can element wise multiplication be done in Tensorflow using Python?
- How to apply functions element-wise in a dataframe in Python?
- Return the element-wise square of the array input in Python
- Return the length of a string array element-wise in Python
- Compute the bit-wise XOR of two Numpy arrays element-wise
- Compute the bit-wise OR of two Numpy arrays element-wise
- Subtract arguments element-wise in Numpy
- How to search in a row wise and column wise increased matrix using C#?