- Python Basic Tutorial
- Python - Home
- Python - Overview
- Python - Environment Setup
- Python - Basic Syntax
- Python - Comments
- Python - Variables
- Python - Data Types
- Python - Operators
- Python - Decision Making
- Python - Loops
- Python - Numbers
- Python - Strings
- Python - Lists
- Python - Tuples
- Python - Dictionary
- Python - Date & Time
- Python - Functions
- Python - Modules
- Python - Files I/O
- Python - Exceptions
- Python Advanced Tutorial
- Python - Classes/Objects
- Python - Reg Expressions
- Python - CGI Programming
- Python - Database Access
- Python - Networking
- Python - Sending Email
- Python - Multithreading
- Python - XML Processing
- Python - GUI Programming
- Python - Further Extensions
Python - Drawing different shapes on PyGame window
Pygame is a multimedia library for Python for making games and multimedia applications. In this article we will see how to use the pygame module to draws many different shapes on the screen taking into consideration, its height, width and position in the pygame window.
In the below program we initialize the pygame moduel and then deifne the colour and dimension for the image. Next we add the different shapes as per the syntax and carefully mention the arguments to the darw functions so that the images do not overlap with each other. The screen.blit function paints the screen while the while loop keeps listening the end of the game is clicked.
import pygame pygame.init() # define the RGB value white = (255, 255, 255) green = (0, 255, 0) blue = (0, 0, 150) black = (0, 0, 0) red = (255, 0, 0) # assigning values to X and Y variable X = 400 Y = 400 # create display surface display_surface = pygame.display.set_mode((X, Y)) # set the pygame window name pygame.display.set_caption('Drawing') # fill the surface object display_surface.fill(white) # draw a circle using draw.circle() pygame.draw.circle(display_surface, black, (300, 250), 80, 0) # draw a ellipse using draw.ellipse() pygame.draw.ellipse(display_surface, red, (50, 200, 100, 150), 4) # draw a rectangle using draw.rect() pygame.draw.rect(display_surface, blue, (50, 50, 150, 100)) # infinite loop while True: # iterate over the list of Event for event in pygame.event.get(): # if event object type is QUIT if event.type == pygame.QUIT: # deactivates the pygame library pygame.quit() # quit the program. quit() pygame.display.update()
Running the above code gives us the following result −
- Related Articles
- Python - Display text to PyGame window
- How to create an empty PyGame window?
- Python - Display images with PyGame
- How to draw different shapes using the Python Turtle library?
- Makeup For Different Eye Shapes
- Makeup For Different Face Shapes
- Explain the drawing mode face property of 3D shapes in JavaFX
- Drawing with Mouse on Images using Python and OpenCV
- Draw geometric shapes on images using Python OpenCv module
- What are the different shapes of galaxies?
- How to create different shapes with CSS?
- What are the different shapes of Leave?
- Placing plot on Tkinter main window in Python
- How can Bokeh be used to visualize different shapes of data points in Python?
- Why leaves are of different shapes and sizes?