- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Python Circular Linked List Program
When it is required to create a Python program that generates a linked list, a 'Node' class needs to be created. To display the data elements in the circular list, another method can be defined, that would display the data. In this class, there are two attributes, the data that is present in the node, and the access to the next node of the linked list. In a circular linked list, the head and the rear are adjacent to each other. They are connected to form a circle, and don't have 'NULL' value in the last node.
Another 'linked_list' class needs to be created that would have an initialization function, and the head of the node would be initialized to 'None'.
Below is a demonstration for the same −
class Node: def __init__(self, my_data): self.data = my_data self.next = None class circularLinkedList: def __init__(self): self.head = None def add_data(self, my_data): ptr_1 = Node(my_data) temp = self.head ptr_1.next = self.head if self.head is not None: while(temp.next != self.head): temp = temp.next temp.next = ptr_1 else: ptr_1.next = ptr_1 self.head = ptr_1 def print_it(self): temp = self.head if self.head is not None: while(True): print("%d" %(temp.data)), temp = temp.next if (temp == self.head): break my_list = circularLinkedList() print("Elements are added to the list ") my_list.add_data (56) my_list.add_data (78) my_list.add_data (12) print("The data is : ") my_list.print_it()
Elements are added to the list The data is : 12 78 56
- The 'Node' class is created.
- Another 'circularLinkedList' class with required attributes is created.
- It has an 'init' function that is used to initialize the first element, i.e the 'head' to 'None'.
- Another method named 'add_data' is defined, that is used to add data to the circular linked list.
- Another method named 'print_it' is defined that is used to display the linked list data on the console.
- An object of the 'linked_list' class is created, and the methods are called on it to add data.
- This is displayed on the console using the 'print_it' method.
- Python program to create and display a Circular Linked List
- C++ Program to Implement Circular Singly Linked List
- C++ Program to Implement Circular Doubly Linked List
- Python program to search an element in a Circular Linked List
- Python program to sort the elements of the Circular Linked List
- Python program to remove duplicate elements from a Circular Linked List
- Python Program to Convert a given Singly Linked List to a Circular List
- Convert singly linked list into circular linked list in C++
- Check if a linked list is Circular Linked List in C++
- Python program to delete a node from the end of the Circular Linked List
- Python program to delete a node from the middle of the Circular Linked List
- Count nodes in Circular linked list in C++
- Python program to find the maximum and minimum value node from a circular linked list