- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Plot a multicolored line based on a condition in Python Matplotlib
To plot a multicolored line based on a condition in Python Matplotlib, we can take the following steps −
Set the figure size and adjust the padding between and around the subplots.
Create y data points using numpy.
Make l and u data points to differentiate the colors.
Plot the u and l data points using plot() method, with different colors.
To display the figure, use show() method.
import matplotlib.pyplot as plt import numpy as np plt.rcParams["figure.figsize"] = [7.50, 3.50] plt.rcParams["figure.autolayout"] = True y = np.sin(np.linspace(-10, 10, 100)) u = y.copy() l = y.copy() u[u <= 0] = np.nan l[l >= 0] = np.nan plt.plot(u, color='red') plt.plot(l, color='blue') plt.show()
- Plot a polar color wheel based on a colormap using Python/Matplotlib
- How to plot a dashed line on a Seaborn lineplot in Matplotlib?
- Find MongoDB records based on a condition?
- SUM a column based on a condition in MySQL
- How to make a multicolored point in Matplotlib?
- Creating a Pandas dataframe column based on a given condition in Python
- How to animate a line plot in Matplotlib?
- How to overplot a line on a scatter plot in Python?
- How to plot the outline of the outer edges on a Matplotlib line in Python?
- ORDER BY records in MySQL based on a condition
- How to disable a TestNG test based on a condition?
- Adding a line to a scatter plot using Python's Matplotlib
- How to plot a smooth line with matplotlib?
- How to plot a gradient color line in matplotlib?