- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Passing Text Area Data to CGI Program in Python
TEXTAREA element is used when multiline text has to be passed to the CGI Program.
Here is example HTML code for a form with a TEXTAREA box −
<form action = "/cgi-bin/textarea.py" method = "post" target = "_blank"> <textarea name = "textcontent" cols = "40" rows = "4"> Type your text here... </textarea> <input type = "submit" value = "Submit" /> </form>
The result of this code is the following form −
Below is textarea.cgi script to handle input given by web browser −
#!/usr/bin/python # Import modules for CGI handling import cgi, cgitb # Create instance of FieldStorage form = cgi.FieldStorage() # Get data from fields if form.getvalue('textcontent'): text_content = form.getvalue('textcontent') else: text_content = "Not entered" print "Content-type:text/html\r\n\r\n" print "<html>" print "<head>"; print "<title>Text Area - Fifth CGI Program</title>" print "</head>" print "<body>" print "<h2> Entered Text Content is %s</h2>" % text_content print "</body>"
- Passing Checkbox Data to CGI Program in Python
- Passing Radio Button Data to CGI Program in Python
- How to pass Text Area Data to Python CGI script?
- Passing Drop Down Box Data to CGI Program in Python
- First CGI Program in Python
- How to pass Checkbox Data to Python CGI script?
- How to pass Radio Button Data to Python CGI script?
- How to pass a list Data to Python CGI script?
- How to pass Drop Down Box Data to Python CGI script?
- How to use Matplotlib and Pylab Python CGI program?
- Passing data between activities in Android
- How to pass variable in one Python CGI script to other Python CGI script?
- How to process a simple form data using Python CGI script?
- How to write Python CGI program to interact with MySQL?
- Clear text from text area using selenium WebDriver.