- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- MS Excel
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
What Is the Distributive property of numbers?
The distributive property explains that multiplying two numbers (factors) together will result in the same thing as breaking up one factor into two addends, multiplying both addends by the other factor, and adding together both products.
Distributive property of multiplication over addition
The Distributive Property of multiplication over addition says that if a, b, and c are real numbers, then:
a $\times$ (b + c) = (a $\times$ b) + (a $\times$ c)
Eg: 5 $\times$ (6 + 7) = (5 $\times$ 6) + (5 $\times$ 7)
Distributive property of multiplication over subtraction
The Distributive Property of multiplication over subtraction says that if a, b, and c are real numbers, then:
a $\times$ (b - c) = (a $\times$ b) - (a $\times$ c)
Eg: 5 $\times$ (7 - 6) = (5 $\times$ 7) - (5 $\times$ 6)
- Related Articles
- What is the distributive property?
- What is distributive property?
- What is distributive property and associative property
- The value of \( 4437 \times 1001 \) using distributive property is
- Find the value of following by distributive property :$168 \times 102$
- Find the product by using distributive property : $1009 \times1392$
- Use the distributive property of multiplication to find the product 94 × 67
- Find the following product using the distributive property of multiplication.$1553\times198$
- Find the product of the following using distributive property:$-256 \times 104$.
- Apply Distributive property :$638\times176-638\times75-638$
- Solve the following by using distributive property :$35 \times (a - 12)$
- 258x108-5778x10000 How To Solve This In Distributive Property
- What is the associative property of rational numbers with respect to addition?
- Simplify using distributive property:$673 \times 272-673 \times 72$.
- By using distributive property, simplify the given expression :-\[(-264) \times 83+(-264) \times 17\]