- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- MS Excel
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
What are the properties of subtraction?
Properties of Subtraction:
1. If a and b are two whole numbers such that $a > b$ or $a = b$, then $a – b$ is a whole number. If $a < b$, then subtraction $a – b$ is not possible in whole numbers.
2. The subtraction of whole numbers is not commutative, that is, if a and b are two whole numbers, then in general $a – b$ is not equal to $(b – a)$.
3. If a is any whole number other than zero, then $a – 0 = a$ but $0 – a$ is not equal to a.
4. The subtraction of whole numbers is not associative. That is, if a, b, c are three whole numbers, then in general $a – (b – c)$ is not equal to $(a – b) – c$.
5. If a, b and c are whole numbers such that $a – b = c$, then $b + c = a$.
- Related Articles
- Give properties of addition and subtraction for whole numbers.
- What are the properties of Materials
- What are the properties of light?
- What are the properties of the triangle?
- What are the properties of a parallelogram?
- What is the subtraction of binary numbers?
- What are the properties of MySQL user variables?
- What are the closure properties of Regular languages?
- What are the Properties of Data Encryption Standard?
- What are the properties of an electrolytic cell?
- What are the document properties of IE4 DOM method?
- What are the properties of array class in C#?
- What are the basic properties of products in TOC?
- What are the properties of Regular expressions in TOC?