- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- MS Excel
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Copper objects lose their shine and form green coating of
(a) Copper oxide
(b) Copper hydroxide and Copper oxide
(c) Basic Copper carbonate
(d) Copper carbonate
Correct Answer: (c) Basic Copper carbonate
Explanation: The copper object loses its shine after some time is due to the formation of the copper oxide layer on them. When a copper object reacts with damp air, CO2, and water. It forms a green coating of basic copper carbonate on the surface of the object.
- Related Articles
- Write the balanced chemical equations for the following reactions:(a) Calcium hydroxide + Carbon dioxide ------> Calcium carbonate + Water(b) Aluminium + Copper chloride ------> Aluminium chloride + Copper
- (i) Given below are the steps for extraction of copper from its ore. Write the reaction involved.(a) Roasting of copper(I)sulphide(b) Reduction of copper(I)oxide with copper(I)sulphide.(c) Electrolytic refining.(ii) Draw a neat and well-labelled diagram for electrolytic refining of copper.
- Write the chemical formulae of the following:(a) Magnesium chloride(b) Calcium oxide(c) Copper nitrate(d) Aluminium chloride(e) Calcium carbonate.
- In an experiment, 4.90 g of copper oxide was obtained from 3.92 g of copper. In another experiment, 4.55 g of copper oxide gave, on reduction, 3.64 g of copper. Show with the help of calculations that these figures verify the law of constant proportions.
- Which of the following reactions will not occur? Why not?(a) Zinc Sulphate + Copper âÅ¾Â Copper Sulphate + Zinc(b) Copper Sulphate + Iron âÅ¾Â Iron Sulphate + Copper
- Which of the following pairs will give displacement reactions?(a) FeSO4 solution and Copper metal(b) AgNO3 solution and Copper metal(c) CuSO4 solution and Silver metal(d) NaCl solution and Copper metal
- The property/properties which enable copper metal to be used for making electric wires is/are:(a) copper metal is malleable and ductile(b) copper metal is a good conductor of electricity(c) copper metal is ductile and has low electrical resistance(d) copper metal is sonorous and an excellent conductor of electricity
- Copper sulphate reacts with sodium hydroxide to form a blue precipitate of copper hydroxide and sodium sulphate. In an experiment, 15.95 g of copper sulphate reacted with 8.0 g of sodium hydroxide to form 9.75 g of copper hydroxide and 14.2 g of sodium sulphate. Which law of chemical combination is illustrated by this data ? Give reason for your choice.
- Write down the chemical formula for the following compounds:(a) Aluminium carbonate(b) Calcium sulphide(c) Zinc carbonate(d) Copper phosphate(e) Magnesium bicarbonate(f) Aluminium hydroxide.
- How is drinking water from a copper bottle or any other copper vessel healthy?
- Comparison of Fiber Optics and Copper Wire
- What is the chemical formula of the following:-1. Magnesium chloride.2. Calcium oxide.3. Copper nitrate.4. Aluminium chloride.5. Calcium carbonate.
- Uses: Iron, Copper, Aluminium, Zinc
- Difference between Copper Coil and Aluminium Coil
- Write the balanced chemical equations for the following reactions :(a) Calcium hydroxide + Carbon dioxide → Calcium carbonate + Water(b) Zinc + Silver nitrate → Zinc nitrate + Silver(c) Aluminium + Copper chloride → Aluminium chloride + Copper(d) Barium chloride + Potassium sulphate → Barium sulphate + Potassium chloride