- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- MS Excel
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Describe the threat to the beauty of the Taj Mahal.
Due to an increase in gases like sulphur dioxide and nitrogen dioxide in the atmosphere, acid rain takes place. Acid rain can occur in the form of rain, snow, fog, hail, or even dust. Acid rain corrodes the marbles of monuments. The phenomenon is also called “Marble cancer”.
Suspended particulate matter, such as soot particles emitted by the Mathura oil refinery, has contributed to the yellowing of the marble. These are threat to the beauty of the Taj Mahal.
Given above is an image of a tombstone destroyed by acid rain.
Acids are corrosive in nature and are a strong dehydrating agent. When corrosive acids react with the skin, they hydrolyze the fats. Strong acids are harmful to the skin, eyes, and respiratory tract.
When an acid reacts with the skin, it develops redness, pain, peeling, and blistering. When the acid comes in contact with the eyes, it may cause watering, pain, open sores, and blindness.]
- Related Articles
- (a) Describe the threat to the Taj Mahal monument due to air pollution.(b) State any two ways of controlling air pollution.
- What is the significance of Taj Mahal?
- What is the cause behind the colour change of Taj Mahal from white to yellowish?
- What steps have been taken by Supreme Court to save the Taj Mahal?
- Give two factors responsible for spoiling of Taj Mahal?
- The type of pollution which is likely to affect Taj Mahal in Agra to a greater extent isair pollutionwater pollutionsoil pollutionnoise pollution
- Why is it advised that industries should switch over to cleaner fuels such as CNG and LPG in the Taj Mahal zone in Agra?
- Anxiety: A Threat to the Ego
- What is the biggest threat to the world peace?
- Blake Lively: The Timeless Beauty
- Describe the function of the heart.
- What the advantages of being a natural beauty?
- Describe the types of factoring.
- All About Threat Hunting and the Skills You Need to Become One
- Describe the angles.