- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Object class in java programming
The java.lang.Object class is the root of the class hierarchy. Every class has Object as a superclass. All objects, including arrays, implement the methods of this class.
Following is the declaration for java.lang.Object class.
public class Object
|Sr.No.||Constructor & Description|
This is the Single Constructor.
|Sr.No.||Method & Description|
|1||protected Object clone()
This method creates and returns a copy of this object.
|2||boolean equals(Object obj)
This method indicates whether some other object is "equal to" this one.
|3||protected void finalize()
This method is called by the garbage collector on an object when garbage collection determines that there are no more references to the object.
This method returns the runtime class of this Object.
This method returns a hash code value for the object.
This method wakes up a single thread that is waiting on this object's monitor.
This method wakes up all threads that are waiting on this object's monitor.
This method returns a string representation of the object.
This method causes the current thread to wait until another thread invokes the notify() method or the notifyAll() method for this object.
|10||void wait(long timeout)
This method causes the current thread to wait until either another thread invokes the notify() method or the notifyAll() method for this object, or a specified amount of time has elapsed.
|11||void wait(long timeout, int nanos)
This method causes the current thread to wait until another thread invokes the notify() method or the notifyAll() method for this object, or some other thread interrupts the current thread, or a certain amount of real time has elapsed.
- CopyOnWriteArrayList Class in Java programming
- PriorityQueue Class in Java Programming
- Math class methods in Java Programming
- Object class in Java
- Object Serialization with Inheritance in Java Programming
- isAlive() method of Thread Class in Java programming
- Object and class in Java
- Method of Object class in Java
- What is the object class in Java?
- Difference between Object and Class in Java
- Get class from an object in Java
- Java Object Creation of Inherited Class
- Future class in Dart Programming
- Iterator class in Dart Programming
- Get super class of an object in Java