- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Mathematical Functions using Python
Python includes following functions that perform mathematical calculations.
|Sr.No||Function & Returns ( description )|
The absolute value of x: the (positive) distance between x and zero.
The ceiling of x: the smallest integer not less than x
-1 if x < y, 0 if x == y, or 1 if x > y
The exponential of x: ex
The absolute value of x.
The floor of x: the largest integer not greater than x
The natural logarithm of x, for x> 0
The base-10 logarithm of x for x> 0.
The largest of its arguments: the value closest to positive infinity
The smallest of its arguments: the value closest to negative infinity
The fractional and integer parts of x in a two-item tuple. Both parts have the same sign as x. The integer part is returned as a float.
The value of x**y.
x rounded to n digits from the decimal point. Python rounds away from zero as a tie-breaker: round(0.5) is 1.0 and round(-0.5) is -1.0.
The square root of x for x > 0
- Python Mathematical Functions
- Mathematical Functions in Python?
- Mathematical statistics functions in Python
- Mathematical Functions in Python - Special Functions and Constants
- C++ Mathematical Functions
- Mathematical Functions in SQL
- Mathematical Functions in C#
- Mathematical Functions in Java
- Program to evaluate one mathematical expression without built-in functions in python
- Mathematical Constants in Python
- Mathematical Logical Connectives
- Mathematical Foundation Introduction
- HTML5 Mathematical operators
- Introduction to Mathematical Logic!
- PHP Predefined Mathematical Constants