- Python Basic Tutorial
- Python - Home
- Python - Overview
- Python - Environment Setup
- Python - Basic Syntax
- Python - Comments
- Python - Variables
- Python - Data Types
- Python - Operators
- Python - Decision Making
- Python - Loops
- Python - Numbers
- Python - Strings
- Python - Lists
- Python - Tuples
- Python - Dictionary
- Python - Date & Time
- Python - Functions
- Python - Modules
- Python - Files I/O
- Python - Exceptions
- Python Advanced Tutorial
- Python - Classes/Objects
- Python - Reg Expressions
- Python - CGI Programming
- Python - Database Access
- Python - Networking
- Python - Sending Email
- Python - Multithreading
- Python - XML Processing
- Python - GUI Programming
- Python - Further Extensions
Loop Control Statements in Python
Loop control statements change execution from its normal sequence. When execution leaves a scope, all automatic objects that were created in that scope are destroyed.
Python supports the following control statements. Click the following links to check their detail.
Let us go through the loop control statements briefly
|Sr.No||Operator & Description|
Terminates the loop statement and transfers execution to the statement immediately following the loop.
Causes the loop to skip the remainder of its body and immediately retest its condition prior to reiterating.
The pass statement in Python is used when a statement is required syntactically but you do not want any command or code to execute.
- Related Articles
- Loop Control Statements in Perl
- Loop Control Statements in Go Language
- How to control for loop using break and continue statements in C#?
- Loop control statement in Java
- What are the loop control statements in C language? Explain with flow chart and program
- Loops and Control Statements (continue, break and pass) in Python
- Difference between Open Loop and Closed Loop Control System
- What is Control Statements?
- What are control statements in C#?
- What is Open Loop Congestion Control?
- What is closed Loop Congestion Control?
- What is translation of control statements in compiler design?
- Nested for loop and other related statements in C language
- How to define control flow statements in JShell in Java 9?
- Difference between for loop and while loop in Python