- Kali Linux Tutorial
- Kali Linux - Home
- Installation & Configuration
- Information Gathering Tools
- Vulnerability Analyses Tools
- Kali Linux - Wireless Attacks
- Website Penetration Testing
- Kali Linux - Exploitation Tools
- Kali Linux - Forensics Tools
- Kali Linux - Social Engineering
- Kali Linux - Stressing Tools
- Kali Linux - Sniffing & Spoofing
- Kali Linux - Password Cracking Tools
- Kali Linux - Maintaining Access
- Kali Linux - Reverse Engineering
- Kali Linux - Reporting Tools
- Kali Linux Useful Resources
- Kali Linux - Quick Guide
- Kali Linux - Useful Resources
- Kali Linux - Discussion
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Kali Linux - Reporting Tools
84 Lectures 6.5 hours
21 Lectures 4 hours
In this chapter, we will learn about some reporting tools in Kali Linux.
In all this work that we have performed, it is important to share the results that was produced, to track our work, etc. For this purpose, Kali has a reporting tool called dradis which is a web service.
Step 1 − To start Dradis, type “service dradis start”.
Step 2 − To open, go to Applications → Reporting Tools → dradis.
The web URL will open. Anybody in LAN can open it in the following URL https://IP of kali machine:3004
Log in with the username and password that was used for the first time.
Step 3 − After logging in, you can import files from NMAP, NESSUS, NEXPOSE. To do so, go to “Import from file” → click “new importer(with real-time feedback)”.
Step 4 − Select the file type that you want to upload. In this case, it is “Nessus scan” → click “Browse”.
If you go to the home page now, on the left panel you will see that the imported scans have are in a folder with their host and port details.
Metagoofil performs a search in Google to identify and download the documents to the local disk and then extracts the metadata. It extracts metadata of public documents belonging to a specific company, individual, object, etc.
To open it, go to: “usr/share/metagoofil/”.
To start searching, type the following command −
You can use the following parameters with this command −
–d (domain name)
–t (filetype to download dox,pdf,etc)
–l (limit the results 10, 100 )
–n (limit files to download)
–o ( location to save the files)
–f (output file)
The following example shows only the domain name is hidden.