- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
K’th Non-repeating Character in Python using List Comprehension and OrderedDict
In this article, we will learn about K’th Non-repeating Character in Python using List Comprehension and OrderedDict. To do so we take the help of inbuilt constructs available in Python.
1. First, we form a dictionary data from the input. 2. Now we count the frequency of each character. 3. Now we extract the list of all keys whose value equals 1. 4. Finally, we return k-1 character.
from collections import OrderedDict import itertools def kthRepeating(inp,k): # returns a dictionary data dict=OrderedDict.fromkeys(inp,0) # frequency of each character for ch in inp: dict[ch]+=1 # now extract list of all keys whose value is 1 nonRepeatDict = [key for (key,value) in dict.items() if value==1] # returns (k-1)th character if len(nonRepeatDict) < k: return 'no ouput.' else: return nonRepeatDict[k-1] # Driver function if __name__ == "__main__": inp = "tutorialspoint" k = 3 print (kthRepeating(inp, k))
In this article, we found the K’th Non-repeating Character in Python using List Comprehension and OrderedDict.
- Check order of character in string using OrderedDict( ) in Python
- Python List Comprehension and Slicing?
- Python List Comprehension?
- First non-repeating character using one traversal of string in C++
- Count set bits using Python List comprehension
- Nested list comprehension in python
- Find the first non-repeating character from a stream of characters in Python
- Find the last non repeating character in string in C++
- First non-repeating in a linked list in C++
- OrderedDict in Python
- Python program to Find the first non-repeating character from a stream of characters?
- Insertion at the beginning in OrderedDict using Python