- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Installing Python on Windows
Python distribution is available for a wide variety of platforms. You need to download only the binary code applicable for your platform and install Python.
If the binary code for your platform is not available, you need a C compiler to compile the source code manually. Compiling the source code offers more flexibility in terms of choice of features that you require in your installation.
Here are the steps to install Python on Windows machine.
- Open a Web browser and go to https://www.python.org/downloads/
- Follow the link for the Windows installer python-XYZ.msi file where XYZ is the version you need to install.
To use this installer python-XYZ.msi, the Windows system must support Microsoft Installer 2.0. Save the installer file to your local machine and then run it to find out if your machine supports MSI.
Run the downloaded file. This brings up the Python install wizard, which is really easy to use. Just accept the default settings, wait until the install is finished, and you are done.
Programs and other executable files can be in many directories, so operating systems provide a search path that lists the directories that the OS searches for executables.
The path is stored in an environment variable, which is a named string maintained by the operating system. This variable contains information available to the command shell and other programs.
The path variable is named as PATH or Path in Windows
- Installing MySQL on Microsoft Windows
- Installing SAP Sybase client on Windows server 2012 R2
- Installing Python on Linux
- Installing Python on Mac OS
- How to install Matplotlib without installing Qt using Conda on Windows?
- Installing MySQL on macOS
- Installing MySQL on Linux
- Installing MySQL on Solaris
- Installing MySQL on FreeBSD
- How to Install Python on Windows?
- IDE for Python programming on Windows
- Installing MySQL from source on linux
- Autorun a Python script on windows startup?
- Installing SAP JCo on Glassfish server 4.0
- Installing SAPUI5 on local machine using XAMPP