- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Implementing web scraping using lxml in Python Programming
In this article, we will learn about the web scraping technique using lxml module available in Python.
What is web scraping?
Web scraping is used to obtain/get the data from a website with the help of a crawler/scanner. Web scrapping comes handy to extract the data from a web page that doesn't offer the functionality of an API. In python, web scraping can be done with the help of various modules namely Beautiful Soup, Scrappy & lxml.
Here we will discuss web scraping using the lxml module.
For that, we first need to install lxml.
Type in the terminal or command prompt −
>>> pip install lxml
Here xpath is used to access the data.
In this article, we will extract data from the website known as steam containing information about different games.
On the page, we will try to extract information from the popular new releases section. Here we will extract names, prices, tags associated & target platform.
On the page see the Html code of the new releases tab by using the inspect element feature in the chrome. Here we will get to know which tag is storing the required information.
Here in this website; every list element is encapsulated in a div tag id=tab_content which is further encapsulated in
a div tag id=tab_select_newreleases
Now let's see the implementation
- Python Implementing web scraping using lxml
- Implementing web scraping using lxml in Python?
- Python Implementing Web Scraping with Scrapy
- Implementing Web Scraping in Python with BeautifulSoup?
- Implementing Web Scraping in Python with Scrapy
- Web Scraping using Python and Scrapy?
- Python Tools for Web scraping
- Web Scraping in Android Application using Kotlin?
- Selenium versus BeautifulSoup for Web Scraping.
- html5lib and lxml parsers in Python
- Implementing Photomosaics in Python
- Implementing Checksum Using Java
- Downloading files from web using Python?
- Python module Newspaper for Article scraping & curation?
- Get text using selenium web driver in python?