- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Identify the Mg2+ ion from the Fig.4.1, where n and p represent the number of neutrons and protons respectively.
Correct Answer: (d)
Explanation: Atomic number (Z) of magnesium is 12
Mass number (A) is 24 ( as p = 12, n = A - Z = 24 - 12 = 12 ).
Electronic configuration of Mg atom is 2, 8, 2.
Electronic configuration of Mg 2+ion is 2, 8 (the positive charge is due to the loss of 2 electrons).
The number of protons and the number of neutrons inside the magnesium atom remain unaffected by the formation of a magnesium ion by the magnesium atom.
Option (B) and Option (C) do not represent the number of neutrons (n) and the number of protons (p) correctly.
Option (A) represents Mg atom but not Mg 2+ion.
- C++ program to find the sum of the series 1/1! + 2/2! + 3/3! + 4/4! +…….+ n/n!
- C++ program to find the sum of the series (1*1) + (2*2) + (3*3) + (4*4) + (5*5) + … + (n*n)
- Sum of the series 1 + (1+2) + (1+2+3) + (1+2+3+4) + ... + (1+2+3+4+...+n) in C++
- Count of different ways to express N as the sum of 1, 3 and 4 in C++
- C++ Program to find the sum of a Series 1/1! + 2/2! + 3/3! + 4/4! + …… n/n!
- Python Program to find the sum of a Series 1/1! + 2/2! + 3/3! + 4/4! +…….+ n/n!
- Java Program to find the sum of a Series 1/1! + 2/2! + 3/3! + 4/4! +…….+ n/n!
- Finding the power of prime number p in n! in C++
- Sum of the Series 1/(1*2) + 1/(2*3) + 1/(3*4) + 1/(4*5) + ... in C++
- Identify the errors and prepare the corrected trail balance.
- Find the number of integers from 1 to n which contains digits 0’s and 1’s only in C++
- Maximize the number of segments of length p, q and r in C++
- Find the number of integers x in range (1,N) for which x and x+1 have same number of divisors in C++
- Python Program to Read a Number n And Print the Series "1+2+…..+n= "
- Goland Program to Read a Number (n) And Print the Series "1+2+…..+n= "
- C++ program to find the sum of the series 1 + 1/2^2 + 1/3^3 + …..+ 1/n^n