- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
The ion of an element has 3 positive charges. Mass number of the atom is 27 and the number of neutrons is 14. What is the number of electrons in the ion?
Correct Answer: (b) 10
Explanation: Mass number of the element = 27
Number of neutrons = 14
Number of protons = mass number – number of neutrons
= 27 – 14 = 13
As the ion of this element has 3 positive charges, it means that it has lost 3 electrons. Therefore, there are 10 electrons in the ion.
- What is the octal equivalent of a decimal number in C#?
- What is the maximum number of threads per process in Linux?
- What MySQL ELT() function returns if the index number, provided as an argument, is higher than the number of strings?
- How to find the number of positive values in an R vector?
- What is the MySQL query to display the number of tables in a database?
- Python Program to Create a List of Tuples with the First Element as the Number and Second Element as the Square of the Number
- What Is the Default MySQL Port Number?
- Return an element-wise indication of the sign of a number in Numpy
- PHP program to check if the total number of divisors of a number is even or odd
- Check if the binary representation of a number has equal number of 0s and 1s in blocks in Python
- Check if any permutation of a number is divisible by 3 and is Palindromic in Python