- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
How will the COBOL-DB2 program behave if the DCLGEN member is not included?
The DCLGEN member contains two important sets of data.
The table structure containing definitions of all the columns present in the table.
The host variable declaration in equivalent COBOL data types.
Including the DCLGEN member is not mandatory until we explicitly give the host variables declaration in the working storage section. But it is always considered as a good coding practice to include a DCLGEN member because it also contains the table structure using which the pre-compiler can perform the query column validation. Although, the query column validation is optional for the pre-compiler but it gives us possible errors in the precompilation stage only, saving our time.
- What will be the result if SQLCA is not included in a COBOL-DB2 program?
- How will the COBOL-DB2 program behave when there is a mismatch between the host variable and number of columns in the SELECT statement?
- What is the usage and purpose of DCLGEN and host variables used in COBOL-DB2 program
- What will be the result if DCLGEN is given with COPY statement and not INCLUDE?
- What will happen if a NULL value is detected for a SQL statement in COBOL-DB2 program and the NULL indicator is not used?
- How will you keep the CURSOR open after firing COMMIT in a COBOL-DB2 program?
- How will you detect the condition of the end of cursor rows in a COBOL-DB2 program?
- What is a use of DSNTIAR? How will you implement it in a COBOL-DB2 program?
- How to precompile a COBOL-DB2 program?
- Impact of database downtime on the COBOL-DB2 program
- Why is Shell Scripting not included in the courses?
- How can you revert all the DB2 table changes done in a COBOL-DB2 program?
- How to use SQLCA in a COBOL-DB2 program? What is the purpose of SQLCA?
- What is the purpose and usage of SQLCODE within the SQLCA in a COBOL-DB2 program
- How LOST UPDATE and DIRTY READ impact the processing of a COBOL-DB2 program?