- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- MS Excel
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
How to test WinRM connectivity using PowerShell?
In system admin role or as a PowerShell engineer you need to connect to many computers remotely. So as the first step, we need to test the remote connectivity by applying ping command or Test-Connection but many organizations have a stringent policy, and some of the servers ICMP packets are blocked. In such a case you can check connectivity with WINRM.
If the WINRM is not allowed, you can ask your windows administrator to enable a firewall exception for WINRM. WINRM is the thing that PowerShell uses it for remoting purposes. So before connecting to remote server it is necessary to test remote WINRM connectivity with PowerShell. We need to use Test- WS command for it.
Test-WSMan -ComputerName Test1-Win2k12
If you get the below response, then the WinRM connection is successful.
PS C:\Users\Administrator> Test-WSMan -ComputerName Test1-Win2k12 wsmid : http://schemas.dmtf.org/wbem/wsman/identity/1/wsmanidentity.xsd ProtocolVersion : http://schemas.dmtf.org/wbem/wsman/1/wsman.xsd ProductVendor : Microsoft Corporation ProductVersion : OS: 0.0.0 SP: 0.0 Stack: 3.0
If PSremoting is not enabled or WinRM is blocked by the firewall, you will get an error message.
- Related Articles
- How to test remote computer connectivity using PowerShell?
- Database Connectivity using C/C++
- How to traceroute using PowerShell?
- How to Check Internet Connectivity in Java?
- How to send email using PowerShell?
- How to format string using PowerShell?
- How to connect to SSH using PowerShell?
- How to test the shared location path from the remote computer in PowerShell?
- C++ Program to Check the Connectivity of Undirected Graph Using BFS
- C++ Program to Check the Connectivity of Directed Graph Using BFS
- C++ Program to Check the Connectivity of Undirected Graph Using DFS
- C++ Program to Check the Connectivity of Directed Graph Using DFS
- How to stop multiple services using PowerShell?
- How to start any program using PowerShell?
- How to Get Windows features using PowerShell?