- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- MS Excel
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
How to stop copy, paste, and backspace in text widget in tkinter?
The Text widget accepts multiline user input, where you can type text and perform operations like copying, pasting, and deleting. There are certain ways to disable the shortcuts for various operations on a Text widget.
In order to disable copy, paste and backspace in a Text widget, you’ve to bind the event with an event handler and return break using lambda keyword in python. The following example demonstrates how it works.
# Import the required library from tkinter import * # Create an instance of tkinter frame or widget win=Tk() win.geometry("700x350") # Create a text widget text=Text(win, font="Calibri, 14") text.pack(fill= BOTH, expand= True) # Bind the keys with the event handler text.bind('<Control-v>', lambda _:'break') text.bind('<Control-c>', lambda _:'break') text.bind('<BackSpace>', lambda _:'break') win.mainloop()
Running the above code will display a window with a Text widget where the user can type and insert text.
However, it won't allow the user to use the <BackSpace> key or a combination of "Ctrl+C" and "Ctrl+V" keys.
- Related Articles
- How to highlight text in a tkinter Text widget?
- How to stop Tkinter Message widget from resizing?
- How to take input in a text widget and display the text in tkinter?
- How to create hyperlink in a Tkinter Text widget?
- Underline Text in Tkinter Label widget
- How to attach a vertical scrollbar in Tkinter text widget?
- How do I center the text in a Tkinter Text widget?
- How to attach a Scrollbar to a Text widget in Tkinter?
- Undo and redo features in a Tkinter Text widget
- How to Copy and Paste Without Borders in Excel?
- How to insert a temporary text in a tkinter Entry widget?
- How to clear Text widget content while clicking on the Entry widget itself in Tkinter?
- How to make the Tkinter text widget read only?
- How to erase everything from a Tkinter text widget?
- How to erase everything from the Tkinter text widget?