- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
How to stop a windows service using PowerShell?
To stop specific service using PowerShell, you need to use Stop-Service command.
Stop-Service -Name ServiceName Stop-Service -DisplayName ServiceDisplayName
Stop-Service -Name Spooler
To check if service is stopped, type Get-Service -Name Spooler.
Status Name DisplayName ------ ---- ----------- Stopped Spooler Print Spooler
You can also use -Verbose parameter to check the command processes.
PS C:\Windows\system32> Stop-Service -Name spooler -Verbose VERBOSE: Performing the operation "Stop-Service" on target "Print Spooler (spooler)".
You can also perform the stop the service using,
Get-Service -Name Spooler | Stop-Service -Verbose
You can also use the wildcard character (*) to recognize the service and stop it.
Stop-Service -Name Spoo* -Verbose
Here, service name starts with “spoo” will be stopped, if there are multiple services starting with spoo, all will be stopped.
- How to start a windows service using PowerShell?
- How to remove Windows service with PowerShell?
- How to stop service with their dependent services using PowerShell?
- How to stop service with their dependent services in PowerShell?
- How to start windows service with display name in PowerShell?
- How to stop the service with the display name in PowerShell?
- How to install a windows service using windows command prompt in C#?
- How to share a windows folder using PowerShell?
- How to stop multiple services using PowerShell?
- How to Get Windows features using PowerShell?
- How to remove windows features using PowerShell?
- How to host a web-service using IIS (windows) and .net
- How to start multiple windows services using PowerShell?
- How to disable windows firewall profiles using PowerShell?
- How to find Windows Product Key Using PowerShell?