- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
How to setup a Web server like Tomcat to test JSP pages?
517 Lectures 57 hours
Apache Tomcat is an open source software implementation of the JavaServer Pages and Servlet technologies and can act as a standalone server for testing JSP and Servlets, and can be integrated with the Apache Web Server. Here are the steps to set up Tomcat on your machine −
Download the latest version of Tomcat from https://tomcat.apache.org/.
Once you downloaded the installation, unpack the binary distribution into a convenient location. For example, in C:\apache-tomcat-5.5.29 on windows, or /usr/local/apache-tomcat-5.5.29 on Linux/Unix and create CATALINA_HOME environment variable pointing to these locations.
Tomcat can be started by executing the following commands on the Windows machine −
%CATALINA_HOME%\bin\startup.bat or C:\apache-tomcat-5.5.29\bin\startup.bat
Tomcat can be started by executing the following commands on the Unix (Solaris, Linux, etc.) machine −
$CATALINA_HOME/bin/startup.sh or /usr/local/apache-tomcat-5.5.29/bin/startup.sh
After a successful startup, the default web applications included with Tomcat will be available by visiting http://localhost:8080/.
Upon execution, you will receive the following output −
Further information about configuring and running Tomcat can be found in the documentation included here, as well as on the Tomcat web site − https://tomcat.apache.org/.
Tomcat can be stopped by executing the following commands on the Windows machine −
%CATALINA_HOME%\bin\shutdown or C:\apache-tomcat-5.5.29\bin\shutdown
Tomcat can be stopped by executing the following commands on Unix (Solaris, Linux, etc.) machine −
$CATALINA_HOME/bin/shutdown.sh or /usr/local/apache-tomcat-5.5.29/bin/shutdown.sh
- How to setup jQuery on my web server?
- How to Setup HAproxy Load Balance Server for Sharing Web Traffic
- How to Setup Virtual Hosts with Apache Web Server on Linux
- What is Java Server Pages, JSP? Why JSP is preferred over CGI?
- How to create a responsive contact section for web pages?
- What are Web Pages?
- How to configure and secure the server setup on centos 7
- How to Setup SSL for MySQL Server and Client on Linux
- Difference between Web Server and Application Server
- Difference between Web Browser and Web Server.
- 3d web pages products showcase (future tech)
- Difference between Static and Dynamic Web Pages
- How do we embed audio in web pages in HTML5?
- As HTTP is a stateless then how to maintain the session between web browser and web server?
- How can we maintain session between Web Client and Web Server?