- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- MS Excel
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
How to perform double click on an element in Selenium with python?
We can perform double click on an element in Selenium with the help of Action Chains class. These classes are generally used for automating interactions like context menu click, mouse button actions, key press and mouse movements.
These types of actions are mainly common in complex scenarios like drag and drop and hovering over an element on the page. The methods of the Action Chains class are utilized by advanced scripts. We can manipulate DOM with the help of Action Chains in Selenium.
The action chain object implements the ActionChains in the form of a queue and then executes the perform() method. On calling the method perform(), all the actions on action chains will be performed.
The method of creating an Action Chain object is listed below −
First we need to import the Action Chain class and then the driver will be passed as an argument to it.
Now all the operations of action chains can be done with the help of this object.
Syntax for creating an object of Action Chains −
from selenium import webdriver
# import Action chains from selenium.webdriver import ActionChains # create webdriver object driver = webdriver.Firefox() # create action chain object action = ActionChains(driver)
After creating an object of Action Chains, we can perform numerous operations one by one like a chain which is queued.
double_click() - This method performs double click operation on an element of the page.
Where args is the element which has to be double clicked. If omitted, the click on the present mouse position is performed.
#element source = driver.find_element_by_id("name") #action chain object action = ActionChains(driver) # double click operation action.double_click(source)
Code Implementation for double click operation.
from selenium import webdriver from selenium.webdriver import ActionChains from selenium.webdriver.common.keys import Keys #browser exposes an executable file #Through Selenium test we will invoke the executable file which will then #invoke actual browser driver = webdriver.Chrome(executable_path="C:\chromedriver.exe") # to maximize the browser window driver.maximize_window() #get method to launch the URL driver.get("https://www.tutorialspoint.com/index.htm") #to refresh the browser driver.refresh() # identifying the source element source= driver.find_element_by_xpath("//*[text()='GATE Exams']"); # action chain object creation action = ActionChains(driver) # double click operation and perform action.double_click(source).perform() #to close the browser driver.close()
- Related Articles
- How to perform double click on an element in Selenium?
- How to perform right click on an element in Selenium with python?
- How to perform right click on an element with Actions in Selenium?
- How to perform releasing a mouse on an element in Selenium with python?
- How to perform mouse movement to an element in Selenium with python?
- How to perform mouseover action on an element in Selenium?
- How to click on a link in Selenium with python?
- How to click on hidden element in Selenium WebDriver?
- How to click on image in selenium webdriver Python?
- How to perform right click using Selenium ChromeDriver?
- How do you click on an element which is hidden using Selenium WebDriver?
- How to use a click() method in Selenium with python?