- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
How to perform mouse movement to an element in Selenium with python?
We can perform mouse movement to an element in Selenium with the help of Action Chains class. These classes are generally used for automating interactions like context menu click, mouse button actions, key press and mouse movements.
These types of actions are mainly common in complex scenarios like drag and drop and hovering over an element on the page. The methods of the Action Chains class are utilized by advanced scripts. We can manipulate DOM with the help of Action Chains in Selenium.
The action chain object implements the ActionChains in the form of a queue and then executes the perform() method. On calling the method perform(), all the actions on action chains will be performed.
The method of creating an Action Chain object is listed below −
First we need to import the Action Chain class and then the driver will be passed as an argument to it.
Now all the operations of action chains can be done with the help of this object.
Syntax for creating an object of Action Chains −
from selenium import webdriver
# import Action chains from selenium.webdriver import ActionChains # create webdriver object driver = webdriver.Firefox() # create action chain object action = ActionChains(driver)
After creating an object of Action Chains, we can perform numerous operations one by one like a chain which is queued.
move_to_element() - This method performs movement of mouse to the middle of the element on the page.
Where args is the element to move to.
#element source = driver.find_element_by_id("name") #action chain object action = ActionChains(driver) # move to element operation action.move_to_element(source).click().perform()
Code Implementation for moving to an element.
from selenium import webdriver from selenium.webdriver import ActionChains from selenium.webdriver.common.keys import Keys #browser exposes an executable file #Through Selenium test we will invoke the executable file which will then #invoke actual browser driver = webdriver.Chrome(executable_path="C:\\chromedriver.exe") # to maximize the browser window driver.maximize_window() #get method to launch the URL driver.get("https://www.tutorialspoint.com/about/about_careers.htm") #to refresh the browser driver.refresh() # identifying the source element source= driver.find_element_by_xpath("//*[text()='Company']"); # action chain object creation action = ActionChains(driver) # move to the element and click then perform the operation action.move_to_element(source).click().perform() #to close the browser driver.close()
- How to perform releasing a mouse on an element in Selenium with python?
- How to perform right click on an element in Selenium with python?
- How to perform double click on an element in Selenium with python?
- How can I perform mouse hover action in Selenium-Python?
- How to perform right click on an element with Actions in Selenium?
- How to perform mouseover action on an element in Selenium?
- How to perform double click on an element in Selenium?
- How to perform drag and drop operation in Selenium with python?
- Human-like mouse movements with Selenium.
- How to perform back and refresh in a browser in Selenium with python?
- How to find the status of an element in a page in Selenium with python?
- How to identify nth element using xpath in Selenium with python?
- How to perform browser navigations in Selenium?