- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
How to install Tkinter for Python on Linux?
Tkinter is one of the widely used libraries for creating GUI-based applications. In order to create applications using Tkinter, we have to install and import the library in the notebook.
First, we have to install the tkinter library in our local environment based on the Windows or Linux operating system.
For Windows users −
pip install tkinter
pip install tk
For Linux or Mac users −
apt-get install python-tk
Once installed, the user can import the tkinter library in the notebook using the following command,
from tkinter import*
To check if tkinter is installed in the system or not, we can use the following command,
import tkinter as tk
- How to Install Git on Linux
- How to Install C++ Compiler on Linux?
- How to Install Atom 1.6.0 on Linux
- How I can install unidecode python module on Linux?
- How to Install Winamp on Ubuntu/Linux Mint
- How to install Tkinter in Python?
- How to Install and Configure NFS Server on Linux
- How To Configure and Install Redis on Ubuntu Linux
- How to Quickly Install WordPress On Ubuntu/Linux Mint
- How to Install and Configure Squid Proxy Server on Linux
- How to Install VMware Player 7.1.2 on Ubuntu/Linux Mint
- How to Install PHP 7 on Ubuntu Linux 14.04 LTS
- How to Install a Software on Linux Using Yum Command?
- How to Install Python on Windows?
- How to Install and Configure Caching-Only DNS Server on Linux