- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
How to install OpenCV in Python?
OpenCV is a Python library that is used to solve computer vision problems. Computer vision include understanding and analyzing digital images by the computer and process the images or provide relevant data after analyzing the image.
OpenCV is an open-source library used in machine learning and image processing.It performs tasks such as recognizing handwritten digits, human faces and objects.
To use OpenCV, we need to install it.
Step 1 − Make sure Python and pip is preinstalled on your system
Type the following commands in command prompt to check is python and pip is installed on your system.
To check Python
If python is successfully installed, the version of python installed on your system will be displayed.
To check pip
The version of pip will be displayed, if it is successfully installed on your system.
Step 2 − Install OpenCV
OpenCV can be installed using pip. The following command is run in the command prompt to install OpenCV.
pip install opencv-python
This command will start downloading and installing packages related to the OpenCV library. Once done, the message of successful installation will be displayed.
- How to install OpenCV for C++ in Windows?
- How to install Python in Windows?
- How to install Tkinter in Python?
- How to install matplotlib in Python?
- How to Install Python on Windows?
- How to install a Python Module?
- How to install Python modules in Cygwin?
- How to Install Python 3.4.4 on Ubuntu
- How to read an image in Python OpenCV?
- How do I Install MySQLdb in Python?
- How install Selenium Webdriver with Python?
- How do I install Python SciPy?
- How to install Python MySQLdb module using pip?
- How to install python modules without root access?
- How to install Tkinter for Python on Linux?