- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
How to get the screenshot of a particular element in the page in Selenium with python?
We can get the screenshot of a particular element in a page in Selenium. While executing any test cases, we might encounter failures for a particular. To pinpoint the failure of a specific element we try to capture a screenshot where the error exists.
In an element, there may be errors for reasons listed below −
- If the assertion does not pass.
- If there are sync issues between our application and Selenium.
- If there are timeout issues.
- If an alert appears in between.
- If the element cannot be identified with the locators.
- If the actual and final results are not matching.
For capturing the screenshot, save_screenshot() method is available. This method takes the full page screenshot.
There is no in built method to capture an element. To achieve this we have to crop the image of the full page to the particular size of the element.
In the arguments, we have to provide the screenshot file name along with the extension of .png. If anything else is used as extension, a warning message will be thrown and the image cannot be viewed.
The screenshot gets saved in the same path of the program.
Here we need to crop the image with the help of location and size methods in Webdriver. For doing so we need to import a PIL imaging library. It may or may not be a part of the standard libraries. However if it is unavailable, it can be installed with pip install Pillow command.
Every element has a unique location measured by the (x, y) co-ordinates. The location method gives two values – x and y coordinates of the element.
Every element has a dimension defined by its height and width. These values are obtained by size method, which gives two values - height and width of the element.
Now for cropping the image.
# to get the axes ax = location['x']; ay = location['y']; width = location['x']+size['width']; height = location['y']+size['height']; # to compute the cropped image dimension cropImage = Image.open('screenshot_t.png') cropImage = cropImage.crop((int(ax), int(ay), int(width), int(height))) cropImage.save('cropImage.png')
Code Implementation for capturing a particular element screenshot.
from selenium import webdriver from PIL import Image #browser exposes an executable file #Through Selenium test we will invoke the executable file which will then #invoke actual browser driver = webdriver.Chrome(executable_path="C:\chromedriver.exe") # to maximize the browser window driver.maximize_window() #get method to launch the URL driver.get("https://www.tutorialspoint.com/index.htm") #to refresh the browser driver.refresh() # identifying the element to capture the screenshot s= driver.find_element_by_xpath("//input[@class='gsc-input']") # to get the element location location = s.location # to get the dimension the element size = s.size #to get the screenshot of complete page driver.save_screenshot("screenshot_tutorialspoint.png") #to get the x axis x = location['x'] #to get the y axis y = location['y'] # to get the length the element height = location['y']+size['height'] # to get the width the element width = location['x']+size['width'] # to open the captured image imgOpen = Image.open("screenshot_tutorialspoint.png") # to crop the captured image to size of that element imgOpen = imgOpen.crop((int(x), int(y), int(width), int(height))) # to save the cropped image imgOpen.save("screenshot_tutorialspoint.png") #to close the browser driver.close()
- How to get the complete screenshot of a page in Selenium with python?
- Screenshot of a particular element with Python Selenium in Linux
- How to get the screenshot of a particular section of the page like the logo of a website in Selenium with python?
- How to capture a screenshot of a particular element in Selenium 4.0?
- Take screenshot of full page with Selenium Python with chromedriver.
- How to capture the screenshot of a specific element rather than entire page using Selenium Webdriver?
- How to find the status of an element in a page in Selenium with python?
- How to get the title and URL of the page in Selenium with python?
- How to get the values of a particular row in a table in Selenium with python?
- How to get the value in a particular cell inside the worksheet in Selenium with python?
- How to count the number of occurrences of a particular text inside a table in a page in Selenium with python?
- Best way to take screenshot of a web page into Selenium?
- How to check a particular checkbox from a set of checkboxes in a page in Selenium with python?
- How to count the number of checkboxes in a page in Selenium with python?
- How to get all the values including the headers inside a table in a page in Selenium with python?