- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
How to draw gridlines in a graph with abline function in R?
Gridlines are the horizontal and vertical dotted lines, and they help to organize the chart so that the values on the labels becomes better readable to viewers. This is helpful specially in situations where we plot a large number of data points. A graph drawn by plot function can have gridlines by defining the vertical and horizontal lines using abline.
Consider the below data and scatterplot −
> x<-rnorm(10) > y<-rnorm(10,1.5) > plot(x,y)
Adding gridlines using abline function −
> abline(h=seq(0,5,0.5),lty=5) > abline(v=seq(-2,2,0.5),lty=5)
- How to create a plot in R with gridlines using plot function?
- How to change the color of gridlines of a ggplot2 graph in R?
- Create darker gridlines in theme_bw for a ggplot2 graph in R.
- How to create a bar graph using ggplot2 without horizontal gridlines and Y-axes labels in R?
- How to change the abline colour created using ggplot2 in R?
- How to draw a circle in R?
- How to create a dotchart using ggplot2 without gridlines in R?
- How to create a scatterplot with white background and no gridlines using ggplot2 in R?
- How to draw a violin plot in R?
- How to display a variable with subscript ggplot2 graph in R?
- How to convert ggplot2 graph into a plotly graph in R?
- How to draw a rectangle over a specific region in a Matplotlib graph?
- How to define points outside the R data frame and draw them in ggplot2 graph?
- How to draw concentric circles with dark borders in R?
- How to create gridlines that matches with Y-axis values in the plot created by using plot function in R?