- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- MS Excel
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
How to display star for significance in base R boxplot?
To display the star for significance in a base R boxplot, we can use text function. The text function will be helpful in defining the star sign (that is asterisk or *). If the significance is high then three stars are used and the significance is low then a single star is used. We need to use the appropriate position using x and y values.
Consider the below data frame −
x<−sample(1:3,20,replace=TRUE) y<−c(rpois(10,10),rpois(10,2)) df<−data.frame(x,y) df
x y 1 1 7 2 3 13 3 1 11 4 1 8 5 2 8 6 2 12 7 2 9 8 1 10 9 1 7 10 3 9 11 1 2 12 3 0 13 3 1 14 2 1 15 3 2 16 3 3 17 2 2 18 2 1 19 2 4 20 2 2
Creating the boxplot of y for categories in x −
Adding star to category 1 in the above plot −
- Related Articles
- How to display outliers in boxplot with different shape in base R?
- How to create boxplot for multiple categories in base R?
- How to set the range for boxplot in base R?
- How to display mean in a boxplot with cross sign in base R?
- How to display star/asterisk sign (*) inside a base R plot?
- How to create boxplot for a list object in base R?
- How to hide outliers in base R boxplot?
- How to create a horizontal boxplot in base R?
- How to create boxplot for multiple categories with long names in base R?
- How to display mean inside boxplot created by using boxplot function in R?
- How to create side-by-side boxplot in base R?
- How to create boxplot in base R without axes labels?
- How to create a boxplot without frame in base R?
- How to create a rectangle inside boxplot in base R?
- How to display zero frequency for bars in base R barplot?