- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- MS Excel
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
How to create a scatterplot using ggplot2 with different shape and color of points based on a variable in R?
In general, the default shape of points in a scatterplot is circular but it can be changed to other shapes using integers or sequence or the variable. We just need to use the argument shape inside geom_point function and pass the variable name. For example, if we want to create the scatterplot with varying shapes of a variable x then we can use geom_point(shape=x). And if we want to change the size then integer values can be used.
Consider the below data frame −
set.seed(151) x<-rnorm(20,5,1) y<-rnorm(20,5,2) df<-data.frame(x,y) df
x y 1 4.948461 2.255857 2 5.765737 1.726474 3 4.853260 4.280697 4 4.886814 7.402230 5 4.604489 3.708252 6 5.782276 3.978782 7 3.602522 3.801754 8 3.981162 6.091206 9 5.229476 4.017412 10 5.672173 5.383071 11 4.515448 3.882945 12 5.560609 6.845399 13 5.066156 7.307996 14 3.650124 2.255179 15 4.757084 7.580363 16 3.763259 7.309804 17 3.525322 7.891359 18 7.437159 5.522026 19 5.673526 8.858292 20 5.310040 3.800228
Loading ggplot2 package and creating point chart between x and y −
Creating the scatterplot by different shape of the points and the size = 3 −
- Related Articles
- How to color scatterplot points based on a threshold using ggplot2 in R?
- How to create a scatterplot in R using ggplot2 with different designs of points?
- How to create a scatterplot with dark points using ggplot2 in R?
- How to create a scatterplot in R using ggplot2 with transparency of points?
- How to create a scatterplot with low intensity of points using ggplot2 in R?
- How to change the color of points in a scatterplot using ggplot2 in R?
- How to change the color of points for ggplot2 scatterplot using color brewer in R?
- How to change the border color of points in a scatterplot created with ggplot2 in R?
- How to create scatterplot for categories with grey color palette using ggplot2 in R?
- How to increase the size of points on a scatterplot if the points are drawn based on another sequence using ggplot2 in R?
- How to create a wide vertical line using ggplot2 with different color in R?
- How to create a scatterplot with two legends using ggplot2 in R?
- How to create plot in R with different shape of points?
- How to create a scatterplot with white background and no gridlines using ggplot2 in R?
- How to create a horizontal line in ggplot2 graph with different color in R?