- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
How to create a plot with dashed regression line in base R?
To create a regression line in base R, we use abline function after creating the scatterplot but if we want to have the line dash format then lty argument must also be used with value equals to 2 after defining the regression model inside abline. For example, if we have two columns x and y stored in a data frame called df then the plot with dashed regression line can be created by using −
Consider the below data frame −
> x<-rnorm(20,5,0.27) > y<-rnorm(20,5,0.04) > df<-data.frame(x,y) > df
x y 1 5.243553 4.969598 2 4.681088 5.076128 3 4.681055 5.041027 4 5.258455 4.989137 5 5.131443 4.987677 6 4.758463 5.018593 7 5.112578 5.022733 8 4.920249 4.989048 9 4.859121 5.036731 10 5.706240 5.024192 11 5.245567 4.950013 12 5.437835 5.000518 13 4.870448 5.020207 14 4.815908 5.035733 15 4.732599 5.012715 16 4.994069 4.986095 17 4.908797 5.004708 18 4.918521 5.003732 19 5.002987 5.005675 20 4.941110 4.998503
Creating the scatterplot between x and y −
Adding the dashed regression line to the above plot −
- How to create a dashed line that passes through Y = 1 in base R?
- How to create a plot of quadratic regression with fitted values against X in base R?
- How to add a regression line to a plot in base R if intercept and slope are given?
- How to create a predictive linear regression line for a range of independent variable in base R?
- How to create a vertical line in a time series plot in base R?\n
- How to create a dashed horizontal line in a ggplot2 graph in R?
- How to create a plot in base R without margins?
- How to create a perpendicular arrow in base R plot?
- How to create a cumulative sum plot in base R?
- How to create vertical line for X variable at median in base R plot
- How to create horizontal line for Y variable at median in base R plot?
- How to create a plot with reversed Y-axis labels in base R?
- How to create empty bar plot in base R?
- How to create a colored box for base R plot?
- How to plot a dashed line on a Seaborn lineplot in Matplotlib?