- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
How to create a download progress bar in Tkinter?
Let’s suppose that we are creating an application which interacts with sources and files such as downloading the files, tracking the file. In order to make a progressbar for such an application, we will use the tkinter.ttk package that includes the Progressbar module.
Initially, we will instantiate an object of Progressbar which has orientation of Horizontal. Then, we will define a function to increase the value of the progressbar and keep updating it.
In the following example, we have created a download progress bar by updating its value.
#Import the required libraries from tkinter import * from tkinter.ttk import * import time #Create an instance of tkinter frame win= Tk() #Set the geometry of frame win.geometry("620x400") #Define a function def start(): task=10 x=0 while(x<task): time.sleep(1) bar['value']+=10 x+=1 win.update_idletasks() bar= Progressbar(win, orient=HORIZONTAL, length=300) bar.pack(pady=20) #Create a button Button(win, text="Download", command=start).pack(pady=20) win.mainloop()
Running the code will display a download bar and once we click on the “Download” Button, it will automatically get completed.
- How to create a progress bar in HTML?
- How to connect a progress bar to a function in Tkinter?
- How to create a progress bar using JavaFX?
- Create a progress bar with Bootstrap
- Create a striped Bootstrap progress bar
- Create circular Progress Bar in iOS
- Create a Bootstrap progress bar with different styles
- How to create Vertical progress bar occupying the entire frame in Java
- How to write Progress Bar in PowerShell?
- How to create a resizable Windows without title bar in Tkinter?
- How To Make Circle Custom Progress Bar in Android?
- Custom progress Bar in Android?
- Animate a striped progress bar in Bootstrap
- Animate Bootstrap progress bar
- Bootstrap progress-bar class