- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
How to create a child window and communicate with parents in Tkinter?
Unlike other Python libraries, Tkinter has many features that are used to create a full-fledged application. It supports multiple window operations and threading for processing the operation on Windows.
Following the thread, we will create an application that will pull the data from root window and put it into a child window. The concept of child window can be referred to as Dialog Boxes which present some information to the user during the happening of an event. The child window in Tkinter is created very easily by using Toplevel(root) constructor.
In this example, we will create an entry widget along with a button in the main window. Further, the data stored in the entry widget will be pulled by a button that displays the input value in a new window or child window.
#Import tkinter library from tkinter import * from tkinter import ttk #Create an instance of tkinter frame or window win= Tk() #Set the geometry of tkinter frame win.geometry("750x250") win.title("Main Window") #Define a function to Open a new window def open_win(): child_win= Toplevel(win) child_win.title("Child Window") child_win.geometry("750x250") content= entry.get() Label(child_win, text=content, font=('Bell MT', 20, 'bold')).pack() win.withdraw() #Create an Entry Widget entry=ttk.Entry(win, width= 40) entry.pack(ipady=4,pady=20) #Let us create a button in the Main window button= ttk.Button(win, text="OK",command=open_win) button.pack(pady=20) win.mainloop()
When we execute the above code, it will show a window with an entry widget and a button to open a new window.
Write something in the entry widget and click the OK button,
- Getting every child widget of a Tkinter window
- How do I create child windows with Python tkinter?
- How should parents help their child to choose a career?
- How do I create a popup window in Tkinter?
- How do I create a popup window using Tkinter?
- How to Set a Tkinter Window with a Constant Size?
- Python program to communicate between parent and child process using the pipe.
- How do I create a popup window using Tkinter Program?
- How to add a margin to a tkinter window?
- How to create a browser window example with CSS?
- How to make a Tkinter window not resizable?
- How to delete Tkinter widgets from a window?
- How to show webcam in TkInter Window?
- How to create a multiline entry with Tkinter?