- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
How to change the mouse pointer color in Tkinter?
Tkinter is a standard Python library for developing GUI-based applications. We can change the properties of its widgets by using the built-in functions and methods. In some applications, the properties affect the mouse pointer as well.
Tkinter provides us a way to change the mouse pointer color in the window. To configure the mouse pointer color, we can specify the cursor value with (cursor type and its color). For example, to change the cursor color in a label widget, we can specify the value as, cursor="plus #aab1212" where "plus" defines the cursor type and #aab1212 is the Hex value of the color.
# Import the required libraries from tkinter import * # Create an instance of tkinter frame or window win=Tk() # Set the size of the window win.geometry("700x350") # Add bottom widget label=Label(win, text="label cursor", cursor="plus red", font=('calibri 18')) label.pack(pady=20) Button(win, text="Button cursor",cursor="dot blue").pack() win.mainloop()
If we run the above code, it will display a window with a label widget and a button. Hovering on the widget will change the cursor property.
- How to hide or disable the mouse pointer in Tkinter?
- Change the color of links when we bring a mouse pointer over that line with CSS
- How to change text cursor color in Tkinter?
- Change the Color of Link when a Mouse Hovers
- How to change the color of ttk button in Tkinter?
- How to change the color of a Tkinter label programmatically?
- How to fully change the color of a Tkinter Listbox?
- Dynamically change the widget background color in Tkinter
- How to change the background color of a Treeview in Tkinter?
- How to change the color of a Tkinter rectangle on clicking?
- How to change the background color of a tkinter Canvas dynamically?
- Change the color upon hovering over Button in Tkinter
- How to make a Button Hover to change the Background Color in Tkinter?
- How to change the color of certain words in a Tkinter text widget?
- Changing the Mouse Cursor in Tkinter