- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
How to BIND a DBRM directly into a PLAN?
A DBRM is a DB2 object which is generated from the pre-compilation of the source code. It contains all the SQL statements/queries of the source code. DBRM could not be executed directly due to its format, hence it is binded into a plan first. There can be multiple DBRM which can be binded in a single plan.
Whenever there is a source code change, corresponding DBRM has to be generated again with changed SQL statements/queries. Then the entire plan (which contains the old DBRM) has to be bound again.
Using the below JCL step we can BIND a DBRM directly into a PLAN.
//BIND EXEC PGM=IKJEFT01 //STEPLIB DD DSN=DIS.TEST.LOADLIB,DISP=SHR //SYSOUT DD SYSOUT=* //SYSTSIN DD * DSN SYSTEM(TB3) BIND PLAN(PLANA) - MEMBER(DBRM1) - LIB(‘DIS.TEST.DBRM’) /*
The BIND PLAN parameter has the name of the plan which needs to be binded. The MEMBER parameter is the name of the DBRM PDS member residing in the PDS DIS.TEST.DBRM.
- Related Articles
- How to BIND a DBRM into a PACKAGE and PACKAGE into a PLAN?
- How to BIND all the packages in a collection COLLA to a plan PLANA?
- How to bind multiple versions of a DB2 program into a package?
- How to Bind a Book?
- What is the name of the process in which :(a) a solid turns directly into a gas?(b) a gas turns directly into a solid?
- How to bind a key to a button in Tkinter?
- What are bind variables? How to execute a query with bind variables using JDBC?
- How to bind a click event to a Canvas in Tkinter?
- How to upload files in Laravel directly into the public folder?
- How to Create a Long-Term Financial Plan?
- How to bind the Enter key to a tkinter window?
- How to bind multiple events with one "bind" in Tkinter?
- How to Create a Test Plan? (Sample Template, Examples)
- How to directly modify a specific item in a TKinter listbox?
- How to Conquer Social Media Campaign with A Foolproof Plan